Welcome message

Hey beloved, welcome to Strongroom Blog

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

EXILED | O.E. NELSON




Africa, dear Africans.
Should we blame white,
Wounds in our nose,
Nor the sorrowful drops,
In the coveralls for our weakness?
Should we take it for a mistake ?

Africans, dear Africa.
All day long as a child tarried.
It is much later,
I think far past the middle,
Of the night,
They crossed the limping marks,
Of our ancestors,
That circled our camp,
Night before last.

Africans ,dear Africa
We sailed all nights and day,
From Niger to Mississippi,
We had no dish of herbs,
To accompany our broth ,
It was all sorrowful with,
Striving chains of ordered children,
Soon we find ourselves,
In a new earth,
That are strange to us.

And the tracks fade behind us,
There will be no way,
To return to the lakes and rivers,
We have known.
No signals of drums,
When brotherly love expelled remorse.

Dear Africa,
Even as your harmattan wind dies,
Even as your messengers grows dumb.
I can hear you breathing,
Though you are far ahead.
In the strange land.

I'm leaving tonight,
If I thought I could persuade,
You to go with me,
I would nurse you until 
You were healed,
But I know that you,
Would not come and I cannot stay,
With you any longer.

I love you Africa and I, 
Wish that it had been,
Possible for us to be,
Together always.
Africa dear Africans.

Voiceofthepoet

Post a Comment

0 Comments